Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lucky to Suffer

I've just read an article about Jamie Whitmore, the former Xterra World Champion who was sidelined by cancer. It was in the October issue of Triathlete Magazine. This is one of the most heartbreaking and amazing stories since Lance Armstrong's struggle with cancer, except that her story is going on right now.

Jamie wrote on her
blog (February 2):

"I never know why so many people complain about running. I would trade places in a heartbeat with anyone that hates it that much."
She writes this while training on an elliptical, which she had to get to using a cane to walk, and wearing a brace. She also has a tube coming out of her back.
Today while I did my high intensity run at the gym, I thought of Jamie and I felt a spring come to my feet. How lucky I am to be able to suffer on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment